Awards & Recognition
Each year, the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce and Industry Awards Dinner attracts prominent business leaders to recognize and celebrate the people and companies that have made Woodstock great and demonstrated unique vision, innovation and achievement in support of our region’s economy and small to mid-size business community. Please take a minute to nominate a company or person you feel has gone above and beyond this year in any of the following categories. Nominations will be accepted January 1st through February 1st each Year.
Congratulations to the 2017 Chamber of Commerce and Industry Award Recipients
Steve Gavers / Gavers Community Cancer Foundation
Entrepreneur of the Year
Tom Dougherty – Dougherty Enteprises
John Stassen – Stassen Insurance
Not for Profit Excellence Award
Woodstock Fine Arts Association
Professional Service Provider
Woodstock Heating – Eric & Dawn Iversen
Retailer of the Year
Copy Express – Jim O’LearyVolunteer of the Year
Cindi Carrigan - Carrigan Design
Juanita Vega - Country Financial
The City of Woodstock – City Council, Promote Woodstock, Mayor Sager, City Managers Office & Economic Development
Annual Chamber of Commerce & Industry Awards1. Harold Buschkopf Community Service Award
Named after Harold Buschkopf in 1995, this award represents a community leader, spokesman and an ambassador
who gave unselfishly of his or her time, energy and money. A person who loved Woodstock. This recipient should
be a company or individual that is reflective of our community - unique, creative, smart, one-of-a-kind, fun, kind,giving, successful. The kind of person who makes our community who we are. A business or person that
epitomizes the character and spirit of Woodstock.
2. Retailer of the Year Award
- continued growth in employees or sales
- commitment of company resources to community projects
- creation of a positive work environment for all employees
3. Volunteer of the Year Award
Nominee must have gone beyond the normal call of duty in volunteering their time and talents to make Woodstock a better community in which to live, work or play.
4. Professional Service Provider of the Year Award
- Have between 1 – 1000 employees.
- Be independently owned and operated.
- Demonstrate excellence in their professional service industry.
- Have created an innovative program or initiative for their industry or employees.
5. Entrepreneur of the Year
- Demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility.
- Have achieved success as the Founder, Owner, CEO or President of a company(ies)
- Demonstrate a high level of entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, perseverance, creativity, and determination to be successful.
6. Not-for-Profit Excellence Award
- Have between 1 – 100 employees.
- Be a 501(c).
- Demonstrate outstanding contributions to the community.
- Show benefits of service and how they set organization apart.