Shop, Save & Win Holiday Retail Raffle
How It Works:
- Shop small independent retailers in Woodstock (click HERE for list of eligible businesses) between November 27, 2020 and December 31, 2020 and spend $200 or more.
- Submit qualifying receipts to the Woodstock Area Chamber office (Open M-F from 9 to 5 PM, holiday week schedule varies please check website home page for holiday hours) totaling at least $200 in qualified retail purchases from 2-5 small independently owned Woodstock retailers by 1/4/21 at noon.
- Receive $20 Cash Back!
- Fill out a raffle entry form at the Chamber when you submit your receipts, for a chance to win cash prizes to split with your favorite local retailer.
- On your raffle entry, identify the Woodstock retailer you wish to split the prize money with, should you win.
- Three winners will be selected.
- First-place $2,000
- Second-place $1,000
- Third-place $500
- Prizes will be split 50/50 with winner and the retailer they selected.
- Winners will be drawn, and prizes awarded on Tuesday January 5, 2021.
RULES AND EXCLUSIONS:
This program is for residents and visitors who shop at our small independent brick and mortar retail businesses only.
- Receipts from big- box stores, restaurants, grocery stores, auto, RV, motorcycle, boat, liquor, tobacco, gas, and convenient stores are not eligible.
- Receipts dated before 11/27/20 or after 12/31/20.
- Receipts from online stores that do not have a physical brick and mortar location in Woodstock.
- Receipts that include food (unless prepackaged, from a retail store unrelated to food and beverage), beverages (unless prepackaged, from a retail store unrelated to food and beverage), tobacco, alcohol, gasoline.
- Receipts for services, installation or delivery charges will not be included.
- Receipts from retailers who received funding from the City of Woodstock Restaurant Grant program.
- Receipts & raffle entries submitted to the Woodstock Area Chamber after Monday, January 4, 2021 at noon.
- Receipts from retailers on the List of Eligible Small Independent Retailers in Woodstock (if you believe we have missed a business please call the Chamber office (815) 338-2436 to request an addition)
- Gift card purchases, with receipt
- Receipts from hair salons for retail sales only - not services.
- Online purchases, with receipts, from the list of eligible small independent businesses.
- Up to two submissions per person - with unique receipts for each submission. (Same retailer may not be chosen for both raffle entries)
- Receipts dated between 11/27/2020 and 12/31/2020.
- Receipts & raffle entries submitted to the Woodstock Area Chamber by Monday, January 4, 2021 at noon.
Prize recipients will receive check payments. A valid drivers license must be presented for prize pickup. Checks over $600 will require a social security number as well for required tax reporting purposes.
The Shop, Save & Win Holiday Retail Program is intended to stimulate retail sales in Woodstock, save you a little money on your purchases, and reward you for shopping small with a chance to win cash prizes to share with your favorite small independent retailer. As you know, the Pandemic has taken a toll on small businesses this year. A decrease in foot traffic and sales since March means a successful holiday season is essential for many retailers to stay afloat through the winter months. when traffic and sales typically wane even in a strong economy. They need our support now more than ever!
The new “Shop, Save & Win Holiday Retail Program” offers benefits to both the consumer and retailer. With $10,000 in funding from The City of Woodstock to support this retail stimulus program, we are offering $6,500 in cash back incentives* to the first 325 people who submit qualifying reciepts from our small independent retailers. The remaining $3500 will be given out as prize money.
*If the incentive money is not fully distributed, The Chamber will offer additional $500 prizes to benefit more participants and local retailers.